Wednesday 9 January 2013

At Mungo's

It. was late. Dark. Silence so loud that you'd want to cover your ears. Light so bright that you'd go blind by looking at it. It was a mess. An organised mess.

Wourach, son of the wandmaker, stood in silence. He had done what he had to. Years of deathly pain which  engulfed his father, the knowledge had finally passed to him, his heir.

***

"You know the that chances are very low. You're One-Hundred-and-Twelve, for god sakes!All of us know that you are already dying, why let the last years of your life end in ruthless pain? What if we fail? What if you end up harming your son? He is just a child 'Vander, he is not aware of the consequences! For my sake, for his sake, please stop this, let it go. There are other ways we could.."

"Calm down, Oura, he is safe, he will be, don't worry. I called him "my son" for a reason. I knew he was capable. I knew that I had to do this, I knew exactly a day would come to pass my knowledge to someone else. Time has not changed a bit. With Voldemort gone, the Death Eaters fled for their lives. But their was one who remained faithful, even though it was clear he died, she died too, but just like him, she lived.Just like him, we don't know why, but she sure wants something desperately, so badly she'd kill her followers, even if they are minuscule in number. We knew she was a cruel witch.", interrupted Ollivander as he laid down in his bed.

"So you're saying she's back?",inquired Oura ,the healer, apparently forgetting about what she and her colleagues were going to do.

"Not, yet.", Ollivander made a dramatic pause."Not yet, but yes, she will be soon. There is only one more soul that knows this other than us three. No there was one more, I'm not sure.", He thought for a while. "Ah, yes there is ... no, was. He died when that dragon broke out of Gringotts. Only we three heard it. Only we three knew it.",Ollivander sighed.
"Sir, who are those two who know this?",asked Wourach excitedly who seemed to be absent from the room till now.
"That, my son, is something I leave you to find out yourself. Though I can tell you something about that "Incident". Those were horrible days. I was tortured. But then when I was alone in the dark for what seemed like ages, two others were thrown in with me. It was just before the Dark Lord's downfall. We did not see it. We heard it happen. We felt it. She locked all the doors. A person lay there sobbing. And the next thing, screams, screeching our ears. Over them a cackle.A Merciless cackle. And then, silence.

***

"I hope that you are ready,"said Oura, her voice hardly audible because of her nervousness.
"Even best healers like you need a steady hand, Oura. You want it to be a success?",asked Ollivander.
"Yes",replied Oura timidly.
"Then be confident. I completely trust you dear."

She did not reply. She tried to control her tears but she couldn't. One of them just trickled out on her cheek.
Then came all the healers in Room Number D42A with their equipment. The equipment was gigantic. Humongous. Wourach immediately started examining the equipment with keen eyes. He hardly seemed to realize what he and his teacher were going to do. It was a fatal "process", for both Ollivander and Wourach. Ollivander knew he had to and he said he could suffer the endless pain which the procedure guaranteed for a month before he'd die. Wourach, on the other hand, just an adolescent would have to suffer a great deal more than Ollivander, if it went wrong. 

2 comments:

  1. It's better to write a fanfiction for Harry Potter series,It will be a great relief for the fans who missed Harry Potter(including me ! :D).So keep up... Can I join the writing? & good job ! keep up & Try to start your own Sci-Fi story.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Yeah of course, all potterheads are more than welcome to join. As far as Sci-Fi is concerned, I enjoy reading it but I think fantasy fanfic would come out better than sci-fi.

    ReplyDelete